I found this tag over at Ellyn’s blog: allonsythornraxx. As per usual with tags, I haven’t been tagged but I still want to participate so I’m going to pretend someone somewhere tagged me! This tag was initially started by Bookables over on Youtube. Alright, let’s get on with the questions!
- How many books are you going to read in 2020?
Right now, my Goodreads goal is set at 100 books. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll reach it because I’m starting a Masters program this year and I’m wanting to start some bigger high-fantasy series. I would like to keep reading romance books though which are usually much easier for me to fly through and will definitely help me reach my 100 book goal.
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2020.
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
All but one of these (Red Sister) I own and I definitely want to make the books already on my shelves a high priority in 2020.
3. What genre do you want to read more of?
I think my cop-out answer has to be fantasy. I’ve fallen in love again with fantasy but the length of the novels usually scares me. I’m going to try not to let that be an issue this year. I’ve also started annotating books which I think will help me keep things straight while I’m reading.
4. Name 3 non-book related goals for 2020.
- Move!! I hate where I live currently and it’s doing some extreme damage to my mental health. Moving is definitely my number one goal.
- Start my Masters program strong.
- Volunteer more. Every Saturday morning I’m going to try to make it a priority to volunteer at my local humane society. My anxiety likes to tell me to stay home, so it’s definitely a goal for me to try and not get too in my head.
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read.
This book has made it through a plethora of unhauls. I’m a big believer in getting rid of books that I either didn’t love or I bought and no longer have interest in. I’ve moved so many times in the past 6 years as well it’s just impossible for me to keep every book. I still have Red Rising though, which I’ve had for at least four years.
6. One word you’re hoping 2020 will be.
Happy. 2019 was not a great year. I just want 2020 to be a happier year for me. I’ll keep it that simple.
If you’d like to do this tag, then I tag you! Please link me back to your post if you do this one, I’d love to read your answers.